Jaclyn Hill, one of my fave Youtubers, recently came up with the Ride or Die Makeup tag where she listed her ride or die cosmetics from each category (aka what she would take with her if she was stranded on a desert island and could only bring one of each makeup item).
Some of these were actually kind of hard for me to pick just because I have so many favourites depending on the day, the weather and my mood; and I’ve switched up my beauty products and routine so many times over the years. However, I did manage to narrow it down to the number one items that I could not live without… or leave behind if I was stranded on a desert island lol, so continue reading if you want to know what my can’t-live-without cosmetics are 🙂
- Primer – Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Bomb.com. It smooths your skin without being oily (and hides those large pores too).
- Foundation – Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (in Chestnut). This is the foundation that matches my complexion best. It’s medium to full coverage, yet feels weightless on my skin. Guys… this is bae right here!
- Concealer – LA Girl HD Pro Conceal (in Fawn). In case you haven’t noticed, I use this in every single blog post lol.
- Face Powder – MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (in Dark). I’ve been wearing this powder from my days of filling in my eyebrows with black eyeliner in high school. It’s light weight and doesn’t look cakey, yet sets the foundation beautifully to minimize shine.
- Under Eye Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. I love this especially for my yellow toned foundations. It is so finely milled that it doesn’t feel dry under the eye when you bake with it, and despite it’s appearance, doesn’t look ashy on darker skin tones.
- Blush – MAC Sweet As Cocoa. This brown, shimmery blush is everything for every look. It’s just beautiful without being overpowering.
- Bronzer – Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronze. If you’re a WOC and you don’t own this, get your life. I love this cool toned bronzer, especially since it’s not too red and not too shimmery. It’s super hard to find and in case you can’t see, I have more than hit pan, but it is beautiful!!! Plus it’s dark enough to show up on deeper skintones, which we all know is hard to find.
- Highlight – ABH Illuminator in So Hollywood. I am so mad that this was “limited edition”. This golden highlight is so beautiful and absolutely perfect for WOC. I find myself reaching for this out of my highlight stack more than anything else.
- Mascara – L’OREAL Miss Manga Mascara. Ya’ll already know how I feel about this…
- Lipstick – MAC Velvet Teddy. Of course my ride or die lippie would have to be a nude, and this is definitely my fave! Paired with MAC Cork lip pencil, it is theeee perfect nude for darker skin.
- Liquid Lipstick – Coloured Raine Bachelorette Lip Paint is a dark rose colour and is so beautiful on such a range of skintones. It’s definitely my go to lip with a smokey, matte eye look (aka my typical go-to eye look lol).
- Gloss – MAC Lipglass in Spite is described as a “muted plum-taupe brown” but it is the perfect nude-ish lip gloss on deeper skintones. If I’m wearing a glossy lip, chances are, this baby is involved.
- Lip Pencil* – MAC Cork Lip Pencil. This is everything. Every WOC needs this in her makeup bag at all times. This golden brown lip pencil helps make almost every lipstick “brown girl friendly”. I love this for nude lippies, oranges, pinks… everything.
- Lashes – Koko Lashes in Queen B. Since LustreLux put me on, I haven’t stopped wearing these. They’re equal parts wispy and drama, and they are one of the most comfortable lashes I’ve ever worn.
- Eyeshadow Palette – Tarte Tartelette in Bloom. I literally reach for this palette every single time I beat my face. It is such a perfect mix of neutral mattes and shimmers. I’m not even ashamed to say I’ve hit pan on a colour or two.
- Setting Spray – MAC Prep + Prime Fix +. This is my holy grail product: I literally bathe in this after I finish my makeup. It just makes your face not look cakey, even if you are a cakeface like myself.
- Perfume – Versace Bright Crystal. Such a perfect fresh, floral scent that it is perfect for year round wear. Everytime I wear this fragrance I get so many compliments on my scent.
*I added a lip pencil because I felt like this was necessary in this ride or die list lol.
This whole look was created using my ride or die products. I’m curious to know what your ride or die products are so let me know! I tag: